Barker Ross Health & Social Care are currently recruiting for Residential Childcare Workers for a residential home based in Kettering. The residential home is a four bedded bungalow for children with Mild to Moderate Learning Disabilities.
Ideally you will have experience of working with children with learning disabilities within a residential care setting. It is also desirable that you hold an NVQ3 in Health and Social Care, Children's Learning and Development or the Children and Young People's Workforce Diploma.
You will be required to deliver high standards of care and support to our young people ensuring their physical, psychological, emotional and recreational development.
- To be responsible to the team, senior staff and the registered manager for the direct care of the children and young people.
- To be aware of and have an understanding of autism and the models on which the home's practice is based.
- To ensure you have all relevant information on the young person's background and present needs by reading all relevant documents & signing records.
- To be aware of relevant information, that requires daily attention such as young people's logs, incident files, sanction and communications books, diary etc. To ensure that you record all information accurately and legibly and communicate it appropriately.
- To provide for the child or young person's physical needs as necessary, for example, by cooking, washing, ironing, shopping, bathing (where appropriate), budgeting, or by enabling young people to carry out such tasks for themselves.
- To act as a member of the staff team and be aware of the importance of team work, supporting colleagues and receiving support as necessary.
- To liaise professionally with families and outside agencies including social workers, teachers, therapists and any other relevant bodies as directed.
- To accompany the children and young people on their annual holiday.
- GCSEs in Maths and English
- Full driving licence
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to listen, observe and communicate effectively.
- To be patient, have common sense & integrity.
- The successful candidate must be willing to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Residential Child Care.
- Pension scheme
- Full training and qualifications
- Holiday bonuses
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Unsociable hours enhancement
The successful candidate will also be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you require anymore information please do not hesitate to contact Dan on 0115 914 8131, or if this role is not for you I am currently filling vacancies such as: Registered Nurses, Registered Care Managers, Clinical Leads, Deputy Managers, Senior Care assistants, Residential care workers.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.