Barker Ross Health & Social Care are recruiting on behlf of a client who provides Residential support to Children and Young People with Mild to Sevre Autism, Epilepsy, Learning Disabilities and Challenging Behaviours.
They are looking for an experienced Residential Child Care Worker in one of our homes in the Kettering area working 35 hours per week where possible shifts can include earlys, lates, long days and also every other weekend.
Experience of working with children and/or adults who have a learning disability within a residential care setting is desirable as is an NVQ3 in Health and Social Care, Children's Learning and Development or the Children and Young People's Workforce Diploma.
You will be required to deliver high standards of care and support to our young people ensuring their physical, psychological, emotional and recreational development.
Roles and Requirements:
- To be aware of relevant information, that requires daily attention such as young people's logs, incident files, sanction and communications books, diary etc. To ensure that you record all information accurately and legibly and communicate it appropriately.
- To provide for the child or young person's physical needs as necessary, for example, by cooking, washing, ironing, shopping, bathing (where appropriate), budgeting, or by enabling young people to carry out such tasks for themselves.
- To ensure the rights and needs of children and young people are met as fully as possible whether spiritual, physical, intellectual cultural or social and to ensure that the children and young people's primary needs are met when on shift.
- To act as a member of the staff team and be aware of the importance of team work, supporting colleagues and receiving support as necessary.
- To liaise professionally with families and outside agencies including social workers, teachers, therapists and any other relevant bodies as directed.
- To be responsible to the team, senior staff and the registered manager for the direct care of the children and young people and support of the staff team when on duty.
- To actively promote Lavender Group Home's philosophy of creating a family style home and maintain the home's Statement of Purpose.T
- To be aware of and have an understanding of autism and the models on which the home's practice is based and the theory that underpins the model.
- To contribute to the normal development of the children and young people through the provision of a healthy life style.
- To ensure you have all relevant information on the young person's background and present needs by reading all relevant documents & signing records.
- Good general education - GCSE & above.
- Full driving licence
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to listen, observe and communicate effectively.
- To be patient, have common sense & integrity.
If you want more information please contact Ben 0115 941 8131, or if this isnt quite the role for you please contact Ben, i am recruiting for: Registered Managers, Registered Nurses, Deputy Managers, Senior Support Workers.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.