As a Registered Nurse you will be part of team delivering the highest standards of care to the elderly with early to advanced dementia. The list of duties of a Registered Nurse is extensive and below is a brief overview:
- To provide hands on nursing support and guidance to junior staff within the team
- To lead the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of resident care in order to achieve the highest standards of contemporary care.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that residents personal care needs are met, and to provide direct care where required
- Maintain care documentation, ensuring accuracy, legibility and legality
- To dispense and administer medication in accord with prescriptions, complying at all times with NMC guidelines and organisational policy and procedure, and to accurately maintain all relevant documentation
- To be responsible for the smooth running of the care home in the absence of Home Manager and / or Assistant Manager
- Understand the importance of maintaining appropriate staffing levels, reporting any shortfall and assisting in the effective cover of the home in the event of absence and sickness
The ideal candidate for a Registered Nurse will need to be:
- Caring & compassionate with an excellent clinical track record
- Excellent organisation & leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Flexible, professional and committed to being the best
- Passionate about delivering outstanding care to the elderly with
early to advanced dementia
- To lead the work and management of staff (including Nurses, Care
and ancillary) members in the designated area of responsibility
- Experience of supervising, appraising, training and coaching a staff
- Registered Nurse with current NMC registration.
If you are committed to nurturing a person's body, mind and spirit to promote a fulfilled life and provide support to our residents in a meaningful way and in the leicestershire area this role is or you.
This is a permanent role in the Health & Social care sector and shifts are between the hours of 08.00 - 20.00
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.