Our client provides a variety of care and support services for clients with mental health issues and learning disabilities. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Registered Manager - Respite Services, Learning Disabilities (Wandsworth), Maternity Cover FTC until March 2018, £31,625, 37.5 hrs
Within a respite service, you will lead and manage a number of teams to provide just enough support to people with a range of low to High support needs & specifically behaviour which challenges. Role modelling person centred thinking you will ensure that your teams provide support to individuals enabling them through the use of person centred planning tools and techniques, to have choice and control in their lives. You will lead and quality assure the safe achievement of supported individual's planned outcomes in community connection, health and well being, and managing their behaviour. An effective communicator and organiser you will facilitate the performance of the service to maintain the high standards of support expected.
- Must be a registered manager with a RMA
- Track record of enabling choice and control to be a reality for people with learning disabilities
- Experience of leading change within large teams and improve the quality of support provided
- Experience of developing strong relationships with individuals and families built on trust and respect
- Experience of leading and managing teams to embed person centred working
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of developing teams to manage risk in a way that balances 'important to' and 'important for' people we support
- Experienced in taking support decisions and learning from the outcomes
- Experience of a range of communication methods ( intensive interaction, makaton etc)
- Knowledge of CQC quality standards, Safeguarding and regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of Welfare Reform/benefits
- Able to lead, manage and motivate the team you
- Able to use a range of ways to help the team learn and develop both individually and collectively
- Confident with developing internal and external networks
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.