Our client provides support to children with complex needs
Position Available: Registered Manager - Enfield (Children and Young People), full time permanent, 37.5 hours per week, £35-£38kpa
As a Registered Manager you will need a passion for nurturing children and young people with the emphasis being on promoting their physical, emotional, and intellectual wellbeing, in addition to helping them with their social development. You will also be required to provide appropriate guidance and support to staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Building relationships with children/young people to support them build self-esteem and assist in the development of new techniques to improving their behaviour.
- Coach, mentor and support the child/young person to encourage greater social inclusion.
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each child/young person.
- Asses the needs of the child/young person, in consultation with staff and deliver programmes related to areas such as health, fitness, smoking, drugs, gangs, violence, relationships and bullying.
- Implementing strategies such as planned daily activities, coordinated treatment interventions, organised recreational and social activities.
- Promote the development of a healthy lifestyle for the child/young person.
- To be required to provide appropriate guidance and support to staff.
- To be responsible for leading/management of shifts and management of the home.
- To assist in the provision/preparation of meals in the home.
- Attend regular training and development opportunities to maintain up to date knowledge and safeguarding, health and safety and local policy developments.
- Undertake administrative tasks, maintain effective recording systems.
- To adhere to appropriate guidelines and procedures.
- To work as a member of a team.
- Manage the running of the home
Applicants will need to be flexible to work shifts which include weekend, evening and night working.
NVQ Level 5 - registered managers award or NVQ Level 5 - child pathway
Excellent communication, leadership and administrative skills.
Full UK driving licence.
A passion for working with children.
An Enhanced DBS check.
Please send cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.