Our client is requiring a registered manager for a brand new home in the Bedford area in this exciting opportunity. With an above average salary range of up to £47,000 the successful application will be the registered manager of a 3 bed home which would have three service users aged between 11 and 17 years of age.
You will need a minimum of 2 years experience in a senior (deputy or team leader) or management position within a children's services within the last five years.
- Have responsibility for the management of services, including staff management and supervision,
- care and placement planning, safeguarding, communications, report writing and monitoring quality
- and compliance.
- Ensure full implementation of statutory and organisational policies and procedures and provide
- feedback on the effectiveness of all policies and procedures.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements such as provisions set out in the Children's Homes
- Regulations and Quality Standards 2015, Children's Act 1989, Data Protection Act 1998, Health &
- Safety at Work Act 1974 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015.
- To be responsible for developing constructive working relationships within the wider community to
- promote the overall outcomes for looked after children.
- Ensure that staff have the skills, experience and qualifications required to meet the needs of each
- child or young person placed in the home and provide continuity of care.
- To lead and manage the home in a way that is aspirational, inspiring both children and young people
- and the staff who work there.
- Produce monitoring reports, statistical data and evaluation as required and in keeping with
- organisational policies and procedures and within agreed deadlines.
- To ensure that the principles of equality and diversity are embedded in the culture of the home.
- To ensure that each child or young person has individual care and care planning which is tailored to
- their specific needs and requirements as laid out in their relevant plans.
- To maintain professional relationships with the team around the child, multi-agency partnerships
- and where appropriate parents, families and other stakeholders.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.