My client currently has a vacancy for a Registered Manager based in Est Kilbride Scotland. This 80 bedded home cares for Elderly and Dementia patients.
The Registered Manager will present a professional image at all times and will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of all the home whilst ensuring the delivery of high quality care based on current best practice. The post holder will drive consistency, ongoing quality assurance and improvement of standards whilst maintaining a culture of continuous development and sharing of best practice across the Care Centre.
The Registered Manager will ensure that the Care Centre has adequate management support at all times including 'out of hours'.
Below is just a brief description of duties included
- Adhere to company policy / procedure and directives
- Promote a culture of service excellence
- Enable Deputy/Clinical Lead to perform to their highest potential through strong leadership and supervision, and where necessary address poor performance
- Provide ongoing support and direction to the Unit Manager and staff teams within each service whilst fostering a collaborative working relationship
- Ensure appropriate management of complaints/safeguarding issues including referral to external
- High Quality Services
- Ensure full compliance with company policy and procedure
- Continuously improve quality services by development, evaluation and audit of all aspects of the homes
- Identify and mitigate key risks - plan immediate actions to address concerns or threats
- Regularly engage with key stakeholders: staff, service users, relatives, external professionals, regulators and commissioners. Actively seek feedback and act upon any complaints/concerns in a timely manner. Monitor the homes response to complaints, suggestions and comments.
- Adopt a positive approach to management of complaints, acknowledge any shortfalls, learn from mistakes and make changes where necessary.
- Train Deputy/Clinical Lead and senior staff in handling of complaints and comments.
- Act as complaints manager for serious complaints
- Attend at least two staff meetings and service user/relative's meetings each year and ensure that any requirements are acted upon in a timely manner
- Operate systems for collecting key performance data for each home and use the information to develop services
- Keep up to date with any new developments within care industry and ensure relevant information is cascaded to the Deputy/Clinical Lead and staff teams as relevant
- Participate in inspection visits and feedback sessions in the homes by regulators and commissioners of services and ensure that any requirements are effectively acted upon
- Ensure each unit has an ongoing action plan and review as a working document on an ongoing basis
- Personal Development
- Undertake relevant training to update and maintain skills
- Attend regular appraisals and supervision
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.