Registered Manager - Childrens Sector
Location - Welshpool, Wales
Salary - £28,000 - £29,000 DOE plus Benefits
Are you a Registered Manager with a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership?
Does your passion lie in enriching the lives of young people and helping them create a positive future?
Do you have 4+ years experience in Residential Childcare?
If you answered yes to the above then please read on
With vast experience throughout Child Protection Services, my client knows the benefits of therapeutic childcare. Within a small 5-bedded home, they provide the very best help in assisting vulnerable and traumatised children get their lives back on track so that they can look forward to a bright and successful future.
Residential care is provided for 5 to 18 year olds focusing solely on the need of the child. No matter how challenging the behaviour can be, our client will never shy away from ensuring these children get the help they deserve.
- The Registered Manager is accountable for delivering high quality care to child/young people resident
- Responsible for the delivery of all care services, strategic planning for developments and all day to day management matters
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of childcare standards across the company
- Delivering childcare focussed on obtaining the best outcomes for each child or young person within the home
- Demonstrate practical leadership in childcare, as well as organise and support staff to provide the best possible care
- Supervising and mentoring staff, organisation of work patterns, facilitation of care training and accessing of appropriate services to support the childcare practices within the home
- The Registered Manager is solely responsible for ensuring an appropriate staff presence to meet the needs of the children and young people
Personal Specification/Essential Criteria:
- Enthusiastic Registered Manager with a Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care Services
- 4+ years experience in Young People/Children's Residential Management
- Specialist Knowledge - Children Act 1989, Care Standards Act 2000 Children's Home Regulations, Safeguarding Children procedures, direct work skills
- Proven Leadership/Staff Supervision
- Excellent Communication - Written & Verbal
- Budget and Project Management experience
- Available for on-call duties
- Driving License
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.