Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Registered Nurse (RN) Various Locations London. £15-£16 per Hour
1. Deliver and oversee the highest possible standards of person centred care -
continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes, developing the service to
enhance their quality of life.
2. Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing
and updating care plans to meet our residents changing physical, social and
3. Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift - ensuring medicines
are appropriately received, stored and administered to our residents, in
accordance with company policies and current legislation.
4. Build and market the positive reputation of the business; communicate warmly
and professionally with all visitors, including family, friends and other external
5. Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to
6. Participate knowledgably and professionally in all inspection visits from CQC,
Local Authority and CCG's, ensuring your teams are ready at all times to do the
7. Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines - ensure
risks are proactively managed and issues identified and reported appropriately.
Page 2 of 3 September 2015
8. Ensure you follow a rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting
efficiently and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees.
E.g. timely assessment on admission, person centred care planning, on-going
review and incident reporting.
9. Promote, at all times, a cohesive team approach, working collaboratively to
ensure delivery of the highest quality care to our residents and to ensure that our
staff are well supported to deliver that care.
10. Promote at all times an atmosphere in which all staff members feel a connection
to our residents, their host home, their portfolio, their division and the larger
11. To understand the key targets for your host home and support the Home
Manager in the achievement of these
12. Promote and practice high standards of nursing care for you and your team;
ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and the shift runs in a smooth
13. Participate in the delivery of all aspects of resident care.
14. Support, guide, teach and mentor others in line with the NMC Code.
15. Work within the guidance of the NMC Code at all times.
16. Accept responsibility, show commitment and lead by example.
17. Attend relevant meetings both internal and external; attend regular team
meetings and monthly appraisals with line manager.
18. Act as a reflective and developmental practitioner demonstrating participation in
continual professional development and meet the requirements of professional
Qualifications & Accreditations
NMC Registered Nurse
Key Skills and Behaviours - (Essential)
v The ability to lead a team
v Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and
v Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for
v Able to analyse problems and propose solutions
v Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
v Able to effectively prioritise workload
v Ability to develop internal and external business relationships based on mutual
respect and professionalism
v Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their team
v Identifies and suggests ideas to improve their area of work and is willing to
make new ways of working a success
v Encourages knowledge sharing and best practice
Key Experience and Knowledge - (Desirable)
v Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
v People Management experience
v Experience of participating in qua How to apply:
- If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
- *Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.