The ideal candidate will be a registered Nurse with a current *NMC PIN and relevant experience working in a similar position within the care sector, preferably with experience in working in both hospital and nursing home settings. The role includes delivering clinical excellence in a professional manner through direct Nursing care whilst effectively leading and supervising a multidisciplinary team.
With a kind, caring and calm approach, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with Residents, relatives and colleagues.
Duties of the job include:
- assessing and planning nursing care requirements as per each speciality
- providing pre- and post-operative care or Care according to each speciality
- monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions
- taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures and other relevant clinical observations according to speciality
- Record keeping
- supervising junior staff
- organising and prioritising workloads
- providing personal care and emotional support to patients and relatives
- Delivers care according to NMC guidelines and Clinical protocols
- Caring compassionate nature and good work ethics
- Excellent team work and peoples skills
- Observational skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good health and fitness
Mainly 12 hour shifts to be worked, and duties will include - :
1) Assisting and Caring for Others -- Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as co-workers and patients.
2) Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
3) Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
4) Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
5) Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
6) Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.