Barker Ross are currently recruiting for a Children's Home manager for a four bedded home based in Worcestershire on behalf of our client who are an established, small provider of residential care for children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The home has been fully operational for eight years and is currently rated as Good by Ofsted.
Salary - £28,000 - £34,000 per annum.
Main Purpose of the role:
- To ensure that the home meets the standards and expectations of its Statement of Purpose
- To safeguard and promote welfare of children and to ensure that quality of care is consistent with National minimum standards
- To establish and maintain an excellent, motivated and competent team of staff and support them at all levels
- To be responsible and in charge of all child protection cases
- To liaise with Local Authorities and other professionals
The successful candidate will have:
- A good working knowledge of the Quality Standards
- At least five years residential child care experience, some of which should be at the level of Deputy Manager or above
- Have or be working towards Diploma Level 5
- Able to manage a diverse staff team
- Ability to demonstrate positive outcomes for the children we care for
- Good knowledge of safeguarding
- Experience of inter agency working
- Able to provide an on call service
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.