I am currently recruiting for a Receptionsit/Service Advisor to join one of the largest independant providers of commercial vehicle maintenance and fleet management in the UK.
The role of the Service Advisor is to act as a single point of contact for the customer, providing relevant, accurate and timely information through each stage of the process, ensuring customer expectations are met and exceeded.
Particular areas of responsibility will be to: -
- Comply with company Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) policies at all times.
- Work in accordance with the Service Flow.
- Handle telephone enquiries, answering the phone in a friendly and open manner using the company standard greeting.
- Plan work by running ADP service due reports, checking customer data quality and arranging work with customer, capturing mileage via C200 or verbally.
- Create job cards, checking for existing parts and service WIPs and campaigns, liaising with customer and follow through to completion. Load job into Customer Compliance System.
- Agree with the customer and workshop who will pay for the work - Retail / Warranty / Contract.
- Check account detail and level of credit left, obtain authorisation and obtain order numbers from customers.
- Maximise service and parts profitability through the use of professional sales techniques.
- Load workshop schedule to maximise workshop capacity utilisation.
- If a courtesy car is to be provided, manage the booking, checking out and checking back in via ADP.
- Ensure all MOTs are planned via ADP and communicated to customers and VOSA.
- Meet and greet all customers on arrival in a professional and friendly manner.
- Check vehicles in and out via Workshop Loading in ADP.
- Obtain full description of product issues from customer, using open questions, to enable the workshop to quickly diagnose the cause.
- Ensure customers' defect procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain ADP workshop loading, keep customers informed of job progress at all times, liaising with the workshop; advise customers of any extra work required, supplying an estimate for any additional work, utilising Fixed Price Repairs where possible, and obtaining the customer's authorisation.
- Assist in maintaining a daily flow of quality job cards to Coster for invoicing.
- Check and issue sublet order numbers (ensure FPR used where applicable) to specialist / external agents and arrange / plan such works as required.
- Explain invoice to customer if applicable at point of vehicle collection.
- Explain and book any outstanding defects for next scheduled event. Follow up after the service / repair visit to check customer satisfaction as per the Service Flow.
- Carry out any depot administration tasks as assigned by the General Manager.
- Pass leads on to relevant departments for potential business.
- Communication handover across shifts, work that is due to come in and anyone needing contacting.
- Take responsibility to ensure customer reception area is maintained to a professional standard at all times.
- Maintain Dealer Operating Standards within department to high standard.
- Proactively work to improve CSI and mystery shop results.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:-
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to build good relationships internally and externally
- Basic technical understanding of products
- Understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
- Knowledge of the Autoline system (non-essential)(Kerridge)
- Negotiation skills (negotiate with customer) - Able to negotiate effectively with the aim of reaching agreement with customers
- Highly organised & proven administration skills -
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision
- PC literate - competent user of MS Office and able to quickly learn new software packages
- Able to work as a team player and multi-task within a busy department
Particular experience / skills that will be regarded as ideal are: -
- Basic technical awareness of motor vehicles and technology
Hours of work:
Mon- Fri 8am-5.30pm
rotating saturday 8am-12pm
If you would like to apply for this position please email or call 0116 3666181
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.