A fantastic opportunity has arisen for high calibre professional to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Ramp Manager (nights) at their London Heathrow Airport site.
The purpose of this role is to plan, organize and oversee the Ramp Operation in order to deliver quality, protect service quality and the wellbeing of staff whilst ensuring that compliance requirements are strictly met. The Ramp Manager is also responsible for overseeing the Dangerous Goods process in London Heathrow Hub.
The Ramp Manager will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Maintain and develop contacts with external partners e.g. External Airlines and Hubs & Gateways.
- Develop relationships with key partners.
- Further develop business continuity in regards to C&L, ACS, NCG, EMA Hub, HDC (Southern Hub).
- Manage end to end Dangerous Goods Process, including but not limited to; Acceptance, Incident Reporting, Investigation of Suspect Shipments, Correction of Non-Compliant Shipments, Record Keeping and SALT Testing.
- Fully support and engage with QCC, SQ, Engineering, H&S, C&L departments, HAL, airport authorities, Customs, Security.
- Manage and facilitate a successful ramp operation; direct, lead and revise the implementation of Contingency Plans.
- Ensure awareness of policies and rules, maintain commitment on Quality and Environmental Systems, identify and promote continuous improvements aligning with Company strategies on quality and environment.
What we are looking for:
- Strong people management skills with a proven record in managing a large team of people.
- Self Motivated.
- Ability to develop a living and breathing Global SOP environment.
- Operational knowledge of all functions, including Sort, Ramp, NCG, Truck Watch.
- Understanding of general air cargo operations, associated aircraft and Aviation legislative policies.
- Degree level education desirable but not essential.
- Dangerous Goods qualification (must obtain within 6 months if not held).
- Previous experience working in a similar capacity on a night shift.
Salary for this opportunity is c£45k including an excellent benefits package.
This is a superb opportunity for an individual to become an integral cog of the business and to benefit from the company's continuous growth plans.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.