A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a logistics professional to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Ramp Agent at their Luton Airport site.
- Preparing load sheets and load plans via SABLE in accordance with GAPS.
- Overseeing loading and unloading of aircraft.
- Liaising with relevant handling agents.
- Liaising with 3rd party shippers.
- Co-ordinating container allocations as appropriate.
- Arranging fuelling/de-icing as requested.
- Preparing flight plans and associated documentation.
- Maintaining clear communication with NCG flight watch (EMA, BRU, LEJ and LHR).
- Conducting Dangerous Goods checks as requested.
- Preparing correct Dangerous Goods declarations via RCTS.
- Supporting the operation in Ramp, Sort and Warehouse related duties as directed.
- Assume a Supervisory role when required on the ramp, in the sort and office.
- Strict adherence to GSOP/H&S.
- Sort operation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Successful completion of 'Mass and Balance' training.
- Successful completion of 'Advanced ULD Build Up' Course.
- Successful completion of 'Airside Supervisors' training.
- Successful completion of 'CAT 6 Dangerous Goods IATA' training.
- Aircraft loading procedures.
- Knowledge of AS400 Hub system, AHS and standard flagging procedures.
- Knowledge of ACS procedures.
- Interpersonal skills (communication, initiative).
- Working under pressure to deadlines in a time critical environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong team ethos.
The base salary for this opportunity is £20,223 plus shift pay (for hours worked Mon-Sat 19.00-07.00 you will receive an extra £2.30 an hour. For any hours worked on a Saturday you will receive an extra £1 per hour and for all hours worked on a Sunday you will receive £2.30 per hour.
40 hour week working Wednesday to Sunday.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.