Our client is a leading Project Management & Cost Consultancy who are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in Newport working on Infrastructure and Civils related projects ranging up to £200m
This is an all-round commercial role with a key focus on client relationships and stakeholder management. It is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career to the next level and wants to become MRICS ASAP (client will fund and fully mentor through the APC with a first time pass rate of 84%)
You will be reporting to the Commercial Manager and work closely with other Project team members protecting the financial and contractual obligations of our client.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for articulating the requirements of the end Client to ensure Commercial Delivery in all aspects of the role. Your remit will include providing day to day commercial support to team members.
The role responsibilities will include;
- Contract Sourcing
- Pre and Post contract Management
- Drafting of Commercial & Contractual Documentation
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Ideally experience of working within Infrastructure
- Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Experience of NEC Form of Contract, in particular (option C - target cost)
- Experience of risk management and efficiency driving through project lifecycle is highly desirable
- Experience of Government funded projects advantageous
- Experience of standalone construction projects
- Main Contractor or Consultancy background
- £40,000 to £45,000 per year
- Car Allowance
For more information, apply today and one of the team will be in contact shortly to discuss further details
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.