Quantity Surveyor East Midlands permanent
Our client is a leading civil engineering and construction company that operates in the
Rail infrastructure, marine, energy, water and environmental infrastructure, highways, airport infrastructure, commercial, industrial and education construction sectors.
Our client is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for the East Midlands.
Reporting to the Project Manager on site, you will be responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on site allocated to them and should be able to effectively manage an assistant surveyor to successfully deliver the project. On larger more intricate projects QS may be required to carry out the same tasks for a section or sections of the works reporting to a Senior or Managing Quantity Surveyor.
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels etc)
- Monitor and maximise cash flow.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and consultancy agreements)
- Act and ensure others are acting in the companies best commercial interests at all times.
- To act professionally at all times and promote the company's best standards and practices
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments
Required Qualifications / Expertise
- An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS, the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous. Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
- Adequate experience as an Assistant QS/QS.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.