Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - Permanent - £35k + £6k Car Allowance PA - Company Car - Pension - Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor
A family owned multi award winning construction company operating across the East Midlands and South Yorkshire.
Projects consist of design and build, new build, conservation and repairs and maintenance, have a robust approach to skills and training and go the extra mile on any project they work on.
Sectors their projects are based are Education, Heritage, Housing and regeneration.
You Will be responsible for the management of costs relating to construction projects to ensure overall financial success of a project. Responsible for the commercial management on a number of trade packages across a project.
You will be working alongside a team of experienced construction professionals who are responsible for the development of commercial properties and domestic house build projects.
You will identify new Trade Contractor Partners:
- Meet and explain the Homes culture and 'all-risk' packaging
- Obtain prices on standard house types on partnering agreement
- Improve relationships with existing Trade Contractors, resolve issues that may arise and communicate requirements
- Negotiate prices on all non-standard house types.
- Implement group purchasing and subcontractor initiatives and carry out periodic negotiations.
- Be from a commercial background
- Have knowledge of both commercial and domestic builds
- Have up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation.
- Organised and able to work under pressure.
- Have up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Team commitment as well as the ability to work alone.
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards.
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude and approach to work.
- Ability to fully operate MS Office (Word & Excel).
- Have a current and Valid UK driving licence
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.