Fantastic opportunity is available with a leading civil engineering organisation for a quantity surveyor, that is looking to work on some of the most prestigious projects in the area. They offer excellent career options, stability, as well as training so your career continues to develop. To be successful in the position of quantity surveyor, it is required that you are skilled and experienced in the following areas:
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- Used to dealing with final accounts, variations, compensation events, BoQ's, sub contractor payments etc
- Offer a proven track record within civils/utilities based projects
* Attend progress meetings.
* Attend Commercial forums.
* Provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
* Assist in drafting and promote usage of business processes.
* Assist in roll out & support application of commercial processes.
* Undertake audits and provide feedback.
* Provide an input to business development and work acquisition.
* Provide commercial input to contacts with client's representatives.
* Provide Commercial advice to the site team.
* Provide commercial input to project strategy.
* Implement actions and agreed strategy from all commercial discussions / reviews.
* Ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly cost and value reports, quarterly forecasts and cash-flow information.
* Ensure the timely production and presentation of adequate levels of applications for payment.
* Deal with change management.
* Provide input to risk profiling and management on projects.
* Produce and negotiate insurance claims with insurer's representatives.
* Liaise with and/or manage external consultants.
* Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through contract vetting and input to sub-contract documentation.
* Manage / carry out regular materials reconciliations
If you are a proven civils based quantity surveyor and you are looking to work for a civils based market leader, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earliest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.