Quantity Surveyor (Up to £45k + £6k Car Allowance, 25p per mile, 25 days holiday + stats)
A great opportunity has a risen for a Quantity Surveyor to be based in Lincoln to be working on pre-construction projects, Framework, Regeneration and general estimating packages
A family owned multi award winning construction company operating across the East Midlands, South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
Projects consist of design and build, new build, conservation and repairs and maintenance, have a robust approach to skills and training and go the extra mile on any project they work on.
Sectors their projects are based are Education, Heritage, Housing and regeneration.
To achieve the agreed profit, contractual position and cash flow on each project. Maintain standards and strive for greater client satisfaction.
- To agree a clear achievable budget for each project that delivers a profitable outcome and takes due consideration of : Safe working on site, Supply chain, Lean programme, Positive cash flow and Project KPI's
- Ensure applications and certification is carried out in a timely manner with due consideration to fair payment.
- Ensure the Companies contractual position is safe at all times.
- Monitor and control all costs, facilitate the delivery of successful construction projects to meet the agreed criteria of safety, time, budget, quality and the environment.
- Prepare budgets for each project by work packages and cash flow forecast.
- Brief the Woodhead team on the financial strategy to achieve the required profit.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and profit improvement.
- Let work packages to achieve agreed KPI's and 'Best Value'.
- Check all contract documentation and drawings as they are issued. Report any discrepancies.
- Value work at agreed dates, apply for and issue relevant payment certificates.
- Manage all financial aspects of the project including carrying out cost value reconciliations and reporting to the team and senior management any changes from agreed %.
- Report to client's representative, through the Team Leader, any financial implications of any changes attributable to the client and predicted final account.
- Report, at least monthly, the financial status of the project to the team and Senior Management at least monthly.
- Complete the final account and obtain agreement at the earliest opportunity.
- Report on the performance of Sub Contractors and Suppliers.
- Prepare files for archiving.
Ideally you will be an experience QS/Estimator looking for career progression or someone looking for a step back in your career to work more locally.
- Demonstrate good team work.
- Demonstrate commitment to the team, the job and the client.
- Great at engaging with clients
- Able to understand Pre-Construction phases
- Relaxed but have a good work ethic.
- Ideally RICS qualified, but not essential
- Experience Estimator/QS
- Have a current UK driving licence
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.