This innovative and forward thinking food manufacturer based in Northamptonshire produce ambient products and supply into major UK retailers along with the food service industry. The business is experiencing a sustained period of growth and is therefore looking to expand there team. They are looking for a Quality Manager to come into the business and continue to add value to the team and business.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Quality Manager will take responsibility for the site quality management system, quality assurance, management of customer relationships, customer cop's 3rd party audit compliance and site legal compliance for both raw materials and finished product.
- Deputize the Technical Manager and stand in their absence.
- Lead and develop the Quality Management System for the site, ensuring continuous improvement programs are developed, implemented and governed
- Provide effective leadership to the QA Team
- Effective QA task allocation to meet all requirements of the QMS & Food safety system.
- Managing and developing site GMP and Hygiene audits in line with the Company's quality management system
- Pest Control & Elimination system.
- Setting up, auditing and managing the site HACCP systems
- Preparing for and managing the BRC audit and customer audits
- Ensuring production of information for management KPI reports
- Ensuring all factory paperwork is updated in response to any product and/or process changes.
- Successful completion of customer reports and complaint responses with details of relevant action plans to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Internal and external taste panels
- Site microbiological (environmental and product) and nutritional testing.
- Implement effective corrective actions for non-conformances against food safety or the QMS.
What is required?
- Similar experience in a food manufacturing facility
Is this opportunity not right for what you're looking for? I take an active approach with my candidates helping them secure their next job role.
I recruit for roles QA, Senior QA roles, Specifications Technologist, Technical Services Manager, Technical Manager, Raw Materials, and Hygiene Manager
Please get in touch to discuss further - 0115 9416323
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.