A fantastic opportunity is now available to join a leading supplier of precision machined parts to the aerospace industry. Our well established client was established in 1990 has over 500 employees and both national and international manufacturing and distribution facilities for design, manufacture and assembly of components that deliver to leading aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Gulfstream
My client is now seeking to employ a permanent Quality Inspector for their Leicester site.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Quality Inspector is responsible for supporting production by completing inspection activities in line with customer and quality specifications. This role is full time and based in Leicester.
· Carry out full inspection of company products using company and customer technical drawings (metric and imperial), use of measuring equipment including verniers, micrometers, depth/height gauges and protractors etc, in order to ensure they meet company and customer specifications
· Use of coordinate measuring machines (CMM)
· Report any non-conformances in line with the Company NCR process
· Preparing reports including First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) and other inspection reports
· Ensure internal quality standards are adhered to
· Support off-site inspection at customer and internal sites sites as and when required (minimal travel)
· To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
· Supporting production staff and training where necessary
· Comply at all times with the letter and spirit of the Company's Health, Safety & Environmental Policy, Equality Policy and Code of Conduct;
· Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the jobholder's line manager.
· Previous experience using and programming CMM (ideally)
· Time served inspector (ideally) or 5 plus years experience in a quality / inspection role (essential), ideally in the aerospace industry or similar industry working with tight tolerance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· 3-5 years' experience working in a similar role.
· Able to undertake problem analysis and have good problem solving skills.
· Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines.
· Communication skills, able to build good working relations with key stakeholders.
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
· Confident, professional and be able to demonstrate initiative and drive.
· Self-motivated, flexible with a pro-active approach to work.
· Have high work standards and tenacity.
Hours of work
Continental Shifts - 48 hour week working a variety of rotating 12 hour shifts:
6am - 6pm or 7am - 7pm with 2 days off and then 6pm to 6am or 7pm to 7am with 2 days off
Please contact Nicole Cooling for more information
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.