We are currently recruiting for a Quality Controller for a well established food storage and repackaging company based in Leicester. This is an ongoing work assignment.
You would be responsible to report quality of all products, through the control of product specifications, in accordance with QA and food safety standards. It will be a key factor to be a role model for best practice at all times, and provide support to quality team and production line leaders where appropriate.
Your main duties:
- Ensures product quality, integrity and traceability at all times through the utilisation and control of the quality procedures. As well as other measures this will primarily involve 'Patrols' of the production operation
- Effectively use the integrated management systems (VISION), training will be provided.
- Ensures the operation at work adheres at all times to the Quality Management System
- Provide the day to day review of the Quality Systems and support to the Production Department
- Ensure the final product meets client specifications
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations
- To ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure that all areas comply with hygienic audits, both internal and external
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to
- Liaise with the management team regarding product quality and food safety issues
- Monitor, control and minimise waste
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience
- Must be prepared to cover a variety of shifts to facilitate the flexibility of the operation
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post
Essential abilities and experience:
- Must be able to communicate in a positive and clear manner, and be customer focused
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and forward planning to organise to strict deadlines
- Preferably possess food production experience
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Food safety qualification
- First aid
- Experience of working in a customer-led work place
Rotating shift pattern.
If you think that you are the right candidate please do not hesitate to apply via the website. Alternatively by sending your CV or call 0116 2042600 for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.