Qualified Social Worker - Looked After Children & Leaving Care- West Yorkshire
£32 p/hr (ltd)
This is an opportunity to provide a professional social work service and achieve good outcomes for children, their families and carers.
You must hold a social work qualification (BA / MA Social Work / DipSW or equivalent), and hold current HCPC registration.
Working within the Looked after Children's Team you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the safety of children placed outside of the care of their natural parents.
- Working on court orders and ensuring plans are adhered to
- Working with foster carers and adoptive parents
- Addressing any safeguarding concerns
- Attending meetings with other professionals
- Work with older age adolescents to ensure they can live independently and have a smooth transition into the community.
- Provide signposting for young adults to education, training and support services
- Ensuring the emotional, cultural, education and physical needs of the child are being met.
Experience of court work and working with ethnic minority families would be an advantage
You will be able to manage a caseload and have access to a vehicle as the role will require you to drive to meetings out of the local area.
Post qualified experience is essential for this role.
Working with Barker Ross Health & Social Care Provides:
- Loyalty Scheme worth up to £1000 a year
- Access to £500 worth of Training
- £250 Referral Scheme
- Free advice on CV writing
- Guidance on Interviews
- Open and honest consultants with 10 years experience
- PAYE, Umbrella and Ltd Co payment options
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.