Applications are invited for the role of Purchasing Manager working for an award winning, innovative off site construction company in Northampton. You will be responsible for sourcing and managing direct and indirect categories for the manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will strive for best value for money solutions; achieve maximum cost saving through tendering, negotiation, agreement and award. You will be responsible for managing the total supply chain for raw material and purchased parts to ensure product availability for Manufacturing whilst optimising inventory levels.
It is essential that you are good at negotiating, networking and dealing with figures. As well as this you will need a well organised approach to work, the ability to analyse data and have good business sense. This is an opportunity to join a market leader and make the role your own.
Areas of Responsibility
- Research, source and identify new products and suppliers.
- Assess tenders from potential suppliers.
- Negotiate prices and agree contracts to ensure best possible cost.
- Keeping up with market trends.
- Direct procurement responsibility for raw materials and engineering components for the manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for monitoring and forecasting stock levels, ensuring that suppliers deliver on time and processing payments and invoices.
- Indirect Procurement responsibility for cleaning, cars, phones, stationary & work wear
- CIPS preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Mathematical and analytic ability.
- Understanding of budgets and profit and loss
- Excellent organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to lead from the front
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.