Barker Ross are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager to begin permanent work with one of our pharmaceutical clients based in Nottingham - NG8.
- Effective planning, development, implementation and management of policy and processes related to procurement and supplier management. The candidate will be required to manage the forecast within the ERP system.
- Ensuring the Company achieves its inventory and related budgetary targets in accordance with its Annual Operating Plan.
- The candidate will be expected to achieve KPI targets.
- Management of the process, issue and monitoring Purchase Orders.
- Responsible for Departmental processes, Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions and files ensuring they are relevant, accurate and up to date.
Supplier relationship /management:
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers ensuring supplier discounts are maintained or improved.
- Actively monitor and manage supplier performance through developing and monitoring supplier scorecards/KPI dashboards - managing stock flow, price/discounts & general terms.
- Manage all aspects of the Purchasing team's performance giving direction and control through leadership, management and by setting the example.
- Actively identify, analyse and contribute to cross functional improvement projects.
- Attend Supplier, Operations and Company meetings as and when required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and external contacts.
Other Duties will be required.
Minimum qualifications -
- Degree Qualified or professional (CIPS) preferred
- Clean driving license is desirable, limited travel on behalf of the company
- Proven experience in a purchasing, supply chain or materials management role
- Proven commercial awareness
- ERP system experience (forecast/PO management) and knowledge (preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 or Nav platform)
- People management and leadership experience
- Fully computer literate - good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Excel in particular
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Dynamic approach and motivated to succeed
- Service driven, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Personal Integrity and professionalism
- A leader who can motivate their team to deliver excellent quality and productivity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build constructive relationships both internally and externally
- Open minded to opportunities that may arise, flexible in approach and able to work under pressure
- A focused and target driven approach
If you have the relevant experience and qualities, and are interested in this role please call barker ross now on 0115 896 0888 or send your CV over
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.