An estimator is required to join a busy Projects team, who project manage the manufacture and installation of our loading bay and industrial door projects for distribution centers, car show rooms etc. Preparing supply & install quotations in response to tender requests accurately and in a timely fashion, whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
Key Areas of responsibility:
· Interpreting technical drawings, specifications and tender documentation to raise an accurate quotation which is clearly communicated to the client in a timely manner reflecting their requirements.
· To understand the importance of producing the quotation along with the commercial significance of the offer made, both to the client and the impact to the company
· To liaise with colleagues within the Projects department and Project Sales Managers about the project, in order to clarify missing/incomplete information.
· Monitor own workload and prioritise own time in consultation with the Senior Projects Manager.
· Carry out other tasks and duties as reasonably requested by management
· Act in a professional manner when communicating (both spoken and written) with our clients.
· To communicate regularly with your colleagues and managers where required
· Proven experience in a construction related industry
· Loading bay equipment and industrial door experience is advantage.
· Previous experience of tender based estimating is preferred
· Experience and confidence with technical drawing interpretation
· Good numerical ability
· Excellent IT skills to include experience of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Training will be provided on the in house quotation system.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Be proactive and highly organized, ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Have strong time management, planning skills and the ability to multi-task
· Be able to work accurately and efficiently with data maintaining attention to detail
Hours of work:
Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-4.30pm
· Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays.
· Benefits - free tea and coffee, free parking, annual staff bonus if turnover is 5% above budget and company makes profit. Company pension scheme, with company contributing after qualifying period, with death in service pay-out.
· Ongoing regular training, product and other skills.
If you would like to apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call 0116 3666181
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.