Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Project Workers - Younger People (Sydenham), 3 months ongoing, 37.5hrs, £11.20 per hour
Working across two sites, one being a specialised hostel for young male offenders & the other which provides housing for young people. The team will be expected to work within policy and procedural framework, as well as local Pathway procedures. As part of that team you will provide a client focussed and flexible responsive service to the young people.
Project Workers will carry a caseload of clients for whom they will provide a comprehensive Needs and Risk Assessment, resulting in an agreed Support Plan. The plan will promote independence and prepare clients for move-on within Camden's Young People Pathways or into independent accommodation.
Project workers will be working under the direction of the Service Manager and Team Manager to provide support to the young people we accommodate, in addition project workers will be expected to have a lead area of responsibility across the schemes in either:
- Adolescent Mental Health
- Substance use
- Activities Development (Employment & Training)
Day to Day Shift Delivery
- To provide effective day to day shift cover that supports the aims of the project and encourages the full participation of young people, as well as to support the work of the project by providing a responsive service.
- Ensure that safeguarding and addressing the immediate needs of the client is paramount to service delivery.
- In conjunction with team members to interview and comprehensively assess referrals to the project to ensure the criteria is met and suitable clients accepted.
- Work closely with the Camden Pathways Team to help assess the needs of service users, in order to identify appropriate accommodation suitable to their needs.
- To carry out comprehensive initial and ongoing needs assessments with clients and to use the Outcome Star and info system to record outcomes and changes in need.
Risk Assessment and Management
- In conjunction with allocated clients, produce comprehensive and high quality risk assessments and risk management plans.
- To monitor and review risk plans in line with policy guidelines and procedure and to minimise risk to clients by identifying, reporting and following up any safeguarding concerns and incidents
Client Move In
- Provide a safe, welcoming, good standard of accommodation. Once referrals are accepted to ensure new residents are made to feel comfortable and are given information concerning the hostel and other local services.
- In partnership with the young person and any significant others involved in their support, to translate assessed need into support plans that are SMART and evidence progress. To monitor and review plans and ensure that tasks and actions are carried out as agreed.
Client Move On
- Work with mediation workers to enable young people to move back home if appropriate.
- Support clients to identify opportunities for move-on to appropriate shared or self contained accommodation and make appropriate referrals/enquiries as necessary working with Camden's Young People Pathways team, Housing Options and Social Services.
- A demonstrable aptitude for working successfully with vulnerable young people and at-Risk young adults in a residential setting and how 'Every Child Matters' relates to the young people living in temporary accommodation.
- An understanding of the most effective ways of working with this client group, who may have a mixture of needs which could include, mental health, substance misuse, physical & emotional health conditions, gang & offending behaviour, ASB etc.
- Experience of working well in a high pressured environment where people may present with difficult and challenging behaviours.
- A demonstrable understanding of the principles of risk and needs assessment, planning, goal setting, and reviewing with young people.
- An understanding of the range of possible approaches appropriate to working with a difficult to engage or chaotic client group.
- An understanding of the principles underlying quality of services working with young people.
- Experience of or a willingness to develop and to lead in at least one of the following specialisms: ETE; Substance Misuse; Criminal Justice or Adolescent Mental Health.
- An understanding of the methods that could be used to develop life skills and involvement in meaningful ETE activity.
- A good understanding of the possible issues involved in working with looked after children in a residential setting.
- An ability and willingness to work a rota that may include early, late and occasional waking night shifts and covers weekdays and weekends.
A good level of numeracy, literacy and comprehension to support clients with welfare benefits, rent and service charge payments, as well as an ability to be self-servicing in the use of computers to create letters, minutes and upload key work records.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.