This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Project Manager you will be profit and loss responsible for the successful delivery of allocated schemes that could range from low-rise residential housing product solutions through to high-rise residential apartment block solutions.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the modular projects including:-
- Liaising with Berkeley Group operational companies to ascertain their project requirements and specification needs.
- Working with the business' Installation and Logistics Director and HSEQ Manager to set up safe systems of work relating to project delivery
- Working with the business' Financial Director to manage cost proposals for new schemes through to regular reporting on forecast and actual out-turn costs.
- Working with the business' BIM Leader to manage the design through the RIBA stages of work
- Working with the business' Supply Chain Manager to ensure materials are procured in time
- Working with the business' factory Operations Manager for forecasting and delivery of module requirements
- Ensuring compliance to company processes and procedures
- Completing lessons learned sessions regarding both product and process to feedback as part of the business' continuous improvement philosophy
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- To engage with the allocated Berkeley Group operating companies project teams to set up robust project plans for delivery of emerging projects
- To set up the required processes for management of activities required for delivering of volumetric/modular projects.
- Help securing our ISO accreditations
- To assist in the programming and management of activities to enable the factory to go live in Q1 2020
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated in a relevant discipline
- Hold a recognised Project Manager qualification
- APMP/ APM PQ (practitioner qualification)
- APM RPP (registered project professional)
- PRINCE2 practitioner.
- PMP (certified project management professional)
- CMI diploma in project management.
- Have a relevant Health and Safety awareness
- IOSH/ KNEBOSH
- Appointed person/LOLER
- Beneficial to have had experience working within an offsite manufacturing environment but not essential.
- Experience within use of Project Management tools (MS Project , Asta, etc)
- Experience with the construction markets delivering medium sized projects preferably within the residential markets
- Good understanding of Building Regulations
- Understand requirement and output through the RIBA stage 0-7
- Fully conversant with CDM Regulations and other relevant construction / manufacturing industry technical standards
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
- Good Communicator
- Ability to Lead
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.