Project Manager - Infrastructure and Civils - £45-50k, Company Vehicle, 21 Days Holiday + stats
One of the largest independent civil engineering companies based in UK, working on award-winning projects across England, covering many different specialisms of civil engineering. Experts in highways and bridges, river and marine, utilities and energy, rail, and environmental sectors.
You will be working on various Civil Engineering projects
- Attending Client meetings with Site Agents to gain understanding of projects
- Management of one of the main clients contracts
- Liaise and co-ordinate works with client and design team
- Manage efficient mobilisation of resources to site including applying for road opening notices, road closures etc.
- Assist with site surveys and scope of works
- Assist the project quantity surveyor with the interim and final accounts
- Manage and implement H&S procedures on site
- Carry out construction programming and prepare work schedules
- Assist in negotiation and procurement of subcontract works packages
- Manage and co-ordinate snagging works
To be successful in this role you will need to be able
- To read and understand contract documents, drawings and specifications
- Manage production of method statements and risk assessments for H&S plans
- Have a good understanding of CDM2007, current legislations, regulations and codes of practice
- Manage training/development of junior site staff
- Manage a good handover process with no defects at completion
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.