I am currently recruiting for an experience Project Manager for a well known and growing client who provide private student residents management across the UK. This role has come about due to expansion and therefore looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager who is likely to have come from a Project Management consultancy background and has proven ability in procuring and managing projects for clients up to £10m.
You will be responsible for the design management, formal engagement of external consultants, formal engagement of contractors, liaising with the Lawyers and professionals acting for banks/funds.
Other responsibilities includes, but not limiting;
- Preparing an outline programme for the project to include; Initial cost planning, Engagement of External Consultants, Preparation of Design and Preparation of Specification
- Agreeing the in-house and external resources required for the delivery of the project.
- Review and agreement of the programme with the Construction Manager
- Manage the in-house and external design to ensure design information is delivered in sufficient time to meet the needs of the Project Programme. This will include; Preparation of the works package, Tendering of the works package, Adjudication of the tenders and Placing of the order.
- Preparation of Employers Requirements and collation of Contractors Proposals
- Negotiation and agreement of Contract Terms with Consultants and Contractors.
To be considered for this role, you must have
- Extensive Project Management experience, ideally within Student Accommodation or in retail / mixed use, residential, commercial and most aspects of public sector with a detailed understanding of drivers of commercial developers, public sector clients and their supply chain as well as contractor and consultant appointment and warranty issues.
- Conversant with most procurement routes, both single and two stage as well as public sector procurement processes.
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor experience, Working for Consultancies or within the Consultancy, between Client and Contractor
- Experience with line management responsibility of a team of Project Managers and Surveyors
- Has extensive experience of every stage of the construction development process and is an excellent communicator and builds strong rapport within both his project teams and clients alike
- Proven record of managing and procuring projects of up to £10m
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be practical and logical and have the maturity and authority to be an effective line manager and capable of representing my client at any level.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £45000 (DOE) and a bonus scheme with various benefits.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jojo on 07702456880 now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Jojo on 07702456880 for a confidential discussion on your career.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.