Project Engineering Manager
Our client is a leading Technology and product leader in the heavy engineering sector.
Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a permanent Project Engineering Manager to cover a number of sites.
The Project Engineering Manager role will include;
· To manage the Project Engineering department resources to engineer, control and co-ordinate the major capital development activities across all sections of the Business, to deliver projects on time, to budget and with the specified business objectives met.
· To be responsible for constantly monitoring and controlling the Project Engineering department staff numbers, skills and structure to ensure that it meets the business needs and also through recruitment, the use of contract engineers and specialist external engineering support where deemed appropriate to maintain a cost effective model for project delivery.
· To ensure that all department team members are fully trained and conversant with the company safety policies, safety legislation, environmental policies, environmental legislation and that these standards are applied across the business in all aspects of project engineering, management and implementation.
· To be responsible for taking the lead in working with Works Managers and Engineers across all Business sites to ensure the professional delivery of all projects through the use of coaching techniques.
· To be responsible for the development and maintenance of professional engineering and business standards in the execution of all project work undertaken across the business.
· To provide professional technical support to the Works Engineering and Production Teams across the business.
· To ensure that all department team members are trained to meet the competence standards and responsibilities required of their individual appointments and to observe company policies and procedures through regular appraisal and full time development.
· Monitor Manager's performance and professional engineering development in order to identify training needs to ensure an effective team with succession plans in place.
· To be responsible for the introduction, development and use of a Project Management Protocol and Asset Management Framework covering the Study, Design and Build Phases of project work.
To be successful within this role you will ideally have:
· Be educated to degree level or equivalent experience
· Have Chartered Engineer status.
· Extensive Project Management knowledge and experience gained within a heavy engineering environment.
· An good knowledge of industries that supply not only equipment but services to the steel industry.
· Through having an understanding of all aspects of the steel making process, you will be able to demonstrate the latest technological advances within engineering and steel making.
· You will be a strong communicator with an ability in building effective relationships across all areas and levels, and can demonstrate a clear direction to achieve success.
· You will be an effective leader and have strong influencing and negotiating skills, with strong business acumen.
· You will have strong experience of managing projects and in delivering results and be comfortable in managing change.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact Nicole Durham for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.