£31,000 - £35,000 + additional benefits
As Project Engineer you will have AutoCad experience and plan, introduce & implement projects within the Somercotes site. To specify and deliver project based solutions from initial concept through to completion including assessment, contractor supervision and handover. Ensure new equipment and systems data are fully available to the Maintenance department.
- To keep the technical drawings up to date. These include equipment, services and buildings.
- To manage a register of approved contractors.
- To manage the equipment asset register.
- To stand in for the Project Engineering Manager as required.
- To provide project support to the Herentals and Valls sites as required.
You will be:
- Able to work from a project brief.
- Manages projects from concept to handover.
- Works within budget to the requirements of the project.
- Liaises with suppliers to obtain quotes/details relative to the project.
- Liaises with the site team to get buy in and manage the equipment introduction.
- Keeps up to date with new technologies / processes and briefs the business on these.
- Needs to be proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD (LT version) for the equipment and site drawings and able to produce P&IDs.
- Manages external contractors/suppliers and keeps an annual register of contactors and their insurance documents.
- For new equipment being introduced to the site: to provide the manuals, drawings, critical spare parts listing, lubricants and a planned maintenance program via the suppliers.
- Prepares EA's and Capex proposals for project approval.
- Manages internal project engineering processes and systems (i.e. weekly reports, the PIT tool, BPC, purchase orders and project budget spend).
- Attend meetings with both internal and external parties.
Engineering, Chemical or Food Processing related degree or similar technical qualification.
Must be experienced and up to date in the use of AutoCAD LT.
Must have at least 2 years' experience as a project engineer or similar discipline.
Experience with projects from small to large (e.g. £5k to £500 k).
Technical knowledge/experience of:-
- Process equipment
- Production lines
- Process vessels / liquids handling / powder handling
- Experience of working within the food industry or related industry (pharmaceutical, chemical, processing etc.).
- An engineering qualification.
- Good at mathematics.
- Good at problem solving
To find out more about the role please apply or contact Kevin on 0115 9416323
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.