Barker Ross are recruiting for a Project Surveyor in the Loughborough area (LE11) on a 3 Month contract based on 37 hours a week Mon - Fri (08:30 - 17:00) at a rate of £18.00ph.
Candidate must be able to drive between sites and have in-depth experience within field.
- To specify works to Council properties
- To supervise contractors working on council properties
- Delivery of an effective and appropriate service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination.
- Carry out surveys to diagnose repairs, identify defects and remedies on issues including general disrepair and non-decency, causes of dampness and condensation, required improvements and other work required on council properties and estates, specifying remedies and work to be carried out, estimating costs, preparing tender documents and commissioning work.
- Attend tenants and leaseholders meetings to present information on work being commissioned or carried out, answering any queries arising.
- Negotiate with contractors over defects, identifying and agreeing remedies.
- Responsible for carrying out pre and post inspections, work in progress and handover inspections, accepting at handover only properties that meet the specification and quality standards.
- Candidate must be able to drive between sites
- Previous in depth experience of inspecting or surveying buildings, identifying defects and remedies in traditional and non-traditional buildings.
- Previous in depth experience of tendering.
- Detailed in depth knowledge of causes and remedies of building fabric and construction defects, including dampness.
- In depth knowledge of statutory requirements in relation to asbestos management.
- Previous experience of effective management of capital projects, including decent homes works.
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.