Shift Supervisor - Food & Beverage
Bottesford, Grantham, Bingham, Nottingham
£Competitive + Bonus
The Shift Supervisor is an individual within the Operations function whose primary responsibilities are to implement and oversee all operating standards and requirements of factory performance to ensure all goals and targets within an agreed, safety/environmental, people, quality, service and cost parameters are met.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this role is also a strong supporting role for the Operations Manager and all Factory Operational activities.
Specific Job Responsibilities
This role is designed to be predominantly bottling and case packing production orientated however, all roles within the factory Operations function are multi-disciplined. As a result, the Shift Supervisor will be required to partake in other departmental activities to help support the wider team.
The working hours for this role are typically between the hours of 06:00 to 22:00 dependant on shift pattern however, this may change depending on the requirements of the role and any relevant projects being undertaken.
Specific job responsibilities will vary however, they will generally include:
- Confirm correct Set Up and Start Up of all production areas and associated equipment on time.
- Confirm completion of H&S Prestart Checks and resolve escalated issues if found prior to operation.
- Confirm Operation of bottling and case packing and associated equipment to the correct Operational and Quality Standards.
- Check Completion of all Due Diligence & Traceability Paperwork to the correct frequency and standard plus check compliance to Quality and Weight Control testing regime 100% of the time.
- Ensure Clean as You Go & 5S Standards maintained at all times by Operators.
- Achievement of targeted outputs at the correct Quality Standard for each product.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures at all times and resolve highlighted issued when this is not possible.
- Following H&S rules at all times and wear all PPE appropriate for the role ie Gloves and Goggles and ensure all employees follow this.
- Work with the Planning Dept. to produce an achievable Production plan and ensure materials and labour are available to meet it.
- Coordinate, Support and Monitor the Production Area Team performance.
- Measure Team and Machine performance via accurate data recording and produce plans to improve both.
- Develop SOP's and ensure that newly set standards are adhered to.
- Effective shift handover is critical to the role.
To find out more about the role please apply, or contact Kevin on 0115 941 6323
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.