An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Leader to join my client in North Leicester. The purpose of this role is to lead an assigned group to support and drive the main operations efforts, in order to achieve, and where possible improve, on Plant targets for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC).
My client are a Global organisation with over 10,000 employees.
The successful Leader will need to be able to motivate a team, be organised and flexible, have the ability to review and solve problems as well as be an effective communicator at all levels.
Key responsibilities will be to:
· Develop and motivate a small team, maintaining good industrial relations and ensuring cooperation between all processes. Assign and direct individuals to work activities and report any issues that are likely to cause deviation from planned work schedules
· Assessment and adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policy and procedures. Stopping processes and activities that are unsafe and ensuring new safe working practices are implemented
· Assessment and adherence to Quality standards (including workmanship), policy and procedures. Conducting necessary inspections within area of responsibility. Stopping work deemed to be unsatisfactory
· Provide positive, timely response to queries and requests for assistance or information, in order to satisfy customer's needs. Remain focused on 100% on time delivery
· Manage resources within area of responsibility to optimise performance and productivity. Identify training requirements to enhance flexibility. Manage holiday requests in line with policy and ensuring coverage of skills at all times
· Ensure effective communication to other Group Leaders (across shifts), as well as conduct Sunrise meetings and ensure communication boards are up to date
· Ensure all necessary inventory requirements and transactions are carried out in a timely manner, e.g. requisitions, receipts, transfers, job logging, cycle counting etc.
· Strive for continuous improvement by initiating and support continuous improvement events
To be successful in this position you will need to be a self-motivated and tenacious individual with a dynamic personality, and an excellent communicator. You will need to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and possess strong leadership skills.
· L3 apprenticeship or equivalent in an Operations or Engineering discipline and/or ILM level 3 or equivalent
· IOSH preferable
· Previous production supervisory experience 2+ years
· Previous experience of working in a unionised manufacturing environment would be advantageous
· Microsoft office - good level of Excel & Word competency
· Strong people management and leadership skills
· Understanding of production processes and implications of SQDC (safety, quality, delivery, cost) to the business
If you would like any further information then please do contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.