To assist the Shift Co-ordinator with the co-ordination of all manufacturing activities including:
- Efficient use of all resources (including labour, machine availability, machine capacity, working hours)
- Manufacturing product to the highest quality standard within a safe environment
- Co-ordination of hygiene/cleaning functions.
- Ensure that the health and safety of all staff and equipment safety is met at all times and immediately reporting any concerns to the Shift Co-ordinator.
- Simultaneously run multiple production lines ensuring all lines meet their KPI targets (including wastage and efficiency) and that the Shift Co-ordinator is aware if targets are not going to be met.
- To ensure labour targets are met, with continuous improvements to reduce labour utilisation.
- To ensure all products are made to the customer specification and to the highest food safety and quality standards, and making sure any defects are dealt with immediately.
- Plan labour efficiently in periods of line downtimes.
- Plan holiday cover efficiently, ensuring the shift is not left without skills.
- Optimise production line capacity at all times.
- Ensure the factory is at a high standard of cleanliness at all times and actively promote clean-as-you-go policy.
- Ensure adequate supply of materials to the production lines at all times.
- Promote and support a zero accident culture within the team and be actively involved in near miss reporting and risk assessments.
- Traceability - ensure all production paperwork is completed accurately, in full and on time.
- Audits - drive the timely completion of any corrective actions assigned to your team.
- Ensure line efficiency and utilisation meets or exceeds budget, through continuous improvement.
- Take responsibility for coaching and developing the team's skills & knowledge.
Display a fundamental understanding of all work roles within your team.
Key parameters for success; KPIs and Targets
- Zero incidents / accidents culture and achievement of near miss targets
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) percentage
- Overall production waste percentage
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Previous Team Leader experience managing or supervising a team of at least 10 people.
- Level 2 : Food Safety
- Able to work effectively under pressure and drive team performance.
- Effective team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Proactive and able to make informed decisions within short timescales.
- PC Literacy - basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Lean Manufacturing / TPM experience
- Level 3: Food Safety
- Level 2: HACCP
- Train the Trainer
- Health and Safety training (e.g. IOSH qualification)
Team management Lead the team, maintaining motivation & high morale across the shift.
Team work Positive participation as part of the team
Flexibility Adapt to and drive change in a constructive and positive manner
Communication This includes verbal, written, reading and numeracy competency.
While you are working on shift (excluding breaks), you are required to communicate in English with all work colleagues.
You must be able to fluently and effectively communicate with staff at all levels in the business. You must be able to chair cross-functional meetings, carry out effective handover meetings, read & write meeting minutes and reports and document root cause analysis (RCA) studies.
Problem Solving Report situations/incidents in a timely manner and be an active participant in the solution process.
Relationships Treat all colleagues with dignity and respect.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.