My client has been operating since 1974, and they are dedicated to providing superior products and an unparalleled service to their customers all of which is underpinned by their belief in creating a better world in which to live. They are a leading manufacturer of paper products.
They require a Production/ Operations Manager to join their growing SMT.
This is a crucial role, responsible for safely meeting and exceeding production efficiencies and manufacturing quality products in line with customer requirements
- Ensuring a focus on Health & Safety across departments
- To direct and control the activities of the Production department
- To co-ordinate, organise and assist with planning of workload in order to minimise production problems
- To ensure production productivity and performance is maintained
- To generate performance and production trends and monitor and set improvements where needed
- To ensure realistic production plans based on customer requirements are produced
- Utilise leadership skills to coach and motivate teams to achieve targets. Empower and develop teams
- Supporting the rest of the Management team
- Plan and control change
- Assist with setting and reviewing budgets and managing costs
- KPI focussed, identifying bottlenecks and areas of weakness and ensuring that these are resolved
- Develop and implement a strategy and improvement plan to reduce waste, non-conformance and improve productivity and efficiency across the site
- Conducting performance appraisals and disciplinary actions for all reports
- Maintaining and improving quality standards, reducing wastage and maximising output volume through enhancing planning systems
- Assess and control staffing costs to ensure overtime is used to the benefit of the company
- Occasional stock takes in line with business needs
- To ensure that the Production employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that their role can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner
- Increase knowledge of employees by organising training on specific tasks and activities in conjunction with other departments
- Addressing any issues identified in employee KPI's and monitor and address any excessive hours
- Appraise and review individual employees' performance on an annual basis using the Company Appraisal System.
- Liaise with the HR department to complete assessments during employee's Probationary Period.
- Complete Training Assessments with employees as required in liaison with the Training/H&S Manager.
- Review absence levels in conjunction with the HR department on a daily/weekly basis.
- Participate in long term sickness review meetings with employees in partnership with HR department. Assist in implementation and review of gradual return programmes.
- Implement the Disciplinary Procedure and action the Grievance Procedure as necessary in liaison with the HR department
- Your immediate Manager must be kept informed in an appropriate level of detail about activities, progress, results and achievements.
- Information about emerging risks and opportunities should be provided to your line manager clearly and accurately with the appropriate degree of urgency
- Seek information and advice about policy and procedure at the appropriate time
- Open, honest and friendly behaviour is encouraged.
- Undertakings to others should be honoured, taking account of other priorities and commitments.
- Ensure that opinions and information is exchanged and shared with colleagues
- Information relating to the efficient operation of the function is exchanged accurately and in the appropriate detail
Training and Development
- Identify your own training needs
- Undertake any necessary training and development that leads to increased knowledge and skill as directed by the company
- IOSH qualified as a minimum standard
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.