Barker Ross is currently recruiting a Production Scheduler for a well established, expanding UK food manufacturer with a diverse product portfolio. Due to a period of sustained growth & expansion, they are now in search of a high-calibre candidate to join the supply chain team based at their North Nottingham site.
The Production Scheduler will be a detailed and confident individual.
The main role and responsibilities of the Production scheduler will be:
- Develop master schedules based on history and sales.
- Contribute to the Executive S&OP process, particularly the supply Planning Step
- Participate in the creation of an effective and appropriate Master Scheduling Policy
- Identify, negotiate, and bring to resolution any demand/supply imbalances in both volume and mix
- Review and manage change requests from costumers, plants and suppliers, making appropriate reschedules in accordance to the Master Schedule Policy
- Develop and maintain planning data such as bill of materials, safety stock, lead times, lot sizes, and all parameters related to planning in the ERP system
- Monitor flow of goods in and out and correct manufacturing plans accordingly. Communicate any changes to the plan to manufacturing as needed.
- Maintain schedule agreements with customers.
- Forecasting of capacity planning in regards to material, equipment and labour with new business
- Inventory management of finished goods.
- Continual improvement of increasing utilization of plant performance and capabilities
- Responsible for cycle counting finished goods to maintain inventory accuracy
- Investigates causes of significant discrepancies of finished goods in order to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintains adequate inventories to support operations while minimizing inventory investments.
- Instigate and chair daily planning meetings, ensuring all relevant departments are represented.
- An experienced Raw materials Scheduler - from the food industry
- A strong IT systems user - Microsoft Excel is a must
- A confident communicator at all levels
- Highly organised and detail orientated with ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity within a high quality food manufacturing business, offering a progressive role with opportunity to work with major blue chip retailers. This is a perfect time to join the business and develop your career within production Scheduling.
If this is of interest to you, then please apply now!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.