Barker Ross is currently recruiting an detailed oriented Production Planner for a well established, expanding UK food manufacturer with a diverse product portfolio. Due to a period of sustained growth & expansion, they are now in search of a high-calibre candidate to join the supply chain team based at their Berkshire site.
As a production planner you will be reporting in the planning manager and task great pride working in a team. This role will work closely with various departments across the business including commercial, production, purchasing, warehouse and the customer service team.
The main roles and responsibilities of the production planner:
- Produce a rolling 2 - 3 week plan for multiple production line
- Maintain adequate stock levels to customers in line with agreed ways of working.
- Input and conversion of daily production schedules.
- Measure and minimise changes to the weekly production schedule.
- Liaise with Raw materials Scheduler to ensure 100% availability of raw materials and packaging to meet the production plan.
- Maintain correct stock profile to target customer service level of 99%.
- Host a weekly planning meeting with all relevant attendees.
- Liaise with production shift managers daily ensuring most efficient running orders, minimising down times, CIPs, fat flushes and line changes.
- Liaise with Warehouse QA regarding short shelf life and slow moving stock to minimise any potential write offs and customer shortages due to short shelf life product.
- Maintain good relationships within the business regularly reviewing stock profile with commercial department and highlighting any potential risks.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
- An experienced Production Planner - from the food industry
- A strong IT systems user - Microsoft Excel is a must
- A confident communicator at all levels
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of the planning and supply chain process and experience of MRP is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity within a high quality food manufacturing business, offering a progressive role with opportunity to work with major blue chip retailers. This is a perfect time to join the business and develop your career within production planning.
If this is of interest to you, then please apply now!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.