Barker Ross is currently recruiting a Production Planner for a well established, expanding UK food manufacturer with a diverse product portfolio. Due to a period of sustained growth & expansion, they are now in search of a high-calibre candidate to join the supply chain team based at their Nottinghamshire site.
The Production Planner will Ensure finished goods are produced in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications. Makes sure that goods are ready to distribute to customers in a timely fashion. Continuous improvement of the production processes.
- Analyses sales forecasts & liaises with Commercial team to determine customer requirements.
- Processes customer orders & communicates relevant information to the wider business.
- Reconciles daily stock reports & reacts accordingly to variances.
- Plans & prepares a production schedule considering capacity, outload times, material availability, efficiency, equipment availability, and labour requirements.
- Plan cookhouse requirements in line with production schedule.
- Monitors factory progress throughout the day to ensure department managers are following the schedule.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including order uplifts and machinery malfunctions.
- Considers the effect the plan has on labour and raw material costs.
- Reports KPIs to senior management & proposes ways to improve.
- Monitors raw material & packaging stock levels against planned requirements, and adjusts with supplier when required.
- Raises purchase orders when requested & keeps to associated disciplines.
- Works as a team to ensure that the priorities of the team are met within timescales.
- Providing cover for the Material Controller roles during holidays & sickness.
- Computer Literacy - particularly in Excel, Problem Solving Skills,
- Ability to Meet Deadlines,
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes,
- Decisiveness, Stress Management Skills, Excellent Organisational Skills, Good Oral Communication Skills, Mathematics Skills,
- Understanding of Business Operations, Attention to Detail, Speed, Accuracy.
This is a fantastic opportunity within a high quality food manufacturing business, offering a progressive role with opportunity to work with major blue chip retailers. This is a very exciting time to join the business and develop your career.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.