I am currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunityf for a Production Manager with a specialist manufacturer and a world leader in their specialist field.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Production Manager controls the manufacture of products in the factory to ensure delivery of product on time and to the right quality. Includes supervising staff; organising, monitoring work flow and reporting.
Achieve agreed manufacturing performance by assessing production demand and resource requirements, working closely with the Production Planner.
- Ensure deadlines for standard orders and custom projects are achieved, and report on progress for specific projects or orders as required, acting as the Production point of contact for Customer Services.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process and output results, monitoring progress and resolving problems.
- Responsibility for internal/outgoing Quality Control, including input to the implementation of a robust set of processes and procedures and making sure appropriate testing/inspecting/reporting is undertaken, working closely with the Quality Engineer and the Director of Engineering.
- Assess factory output in terms of production performance and reliability using measurable and objective reporting and KPIs.
- Understand customer requirements and contribute towards first-class customer service by ensuring the factory's processes and culture are aligned with achieving our customers' high standards.
- Lead Production team, including coaching, motivating and dealing with employee issues (with HR guidance as necessary).
- Act as the communication route between the factory and the rest of the business; provide visibility to the factory as appropriate and escalate issues as required. Represent Production in discussions and meetings with other department heads.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce systems, policies, and procedures. Ensure adherence to manufacturing processes and Company standards.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment used in the factory by ensuring adequate training is in place, managing equipment repairs and evaluating new equipment and techniques. * Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all parties by understanding other departments' responsibilities and constraints, and by being able to convey and explain Production responsibilities and constraints to other department heads.
- Responsibility for Continuous Improvement in the factory, through rolling out business change projects in the factory and by suggesting opportunities for improvement.
- Take part in reviews and investigations following internal quality or technical issues, working closely with the Engineering department.
- Resolve personnel and quality problems by analysing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Involvement in New Product Introduction process: planning training of Production staff in new product build alongside the Engineering department; liaising with Engineering during the design process where required (i.e. capability of existing facility to build proposed designs).
- Recommend measures to improve Production methods, process performance, and quality of product. Work with management to implement improvements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by familiarisation with policies & procedures, full product range and attending additional training as deemed appropriate.
- Deal with HR matters, including recruitment, appraisals and discipline.
- Hold weekly Production team brief with all factory staff.
- Utilise findings from the appraisal process and feedback during team briefs to make required improvements to factory processes or culture and escalate issues appropriately.
- Process Production team's suggestions for improvement; filter and log ideas and record and feed back on any changes made as a result of the suggestions.
- Run monthly meetings with Commercial, Engineering and Logistics to raise issues, follow-up on Production team's suggestions for improvement and report on factory performance.
- Attend daily Production meeting with Procurement, Stores, Planning and Customer Services.
- Other tasks as agreed with management.
Technical Understanding Minimum academic level required:
HNC/HND Professional Qualifications IoSCM or equivalent - part qualified (preferred) Qualification or experience in using Excel software would be a significant advantage
For more information please contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.