I am currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a leading business who have a great reputation and ethos, they are keen to recruit an experienced manager to drive and motivate the team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Managing the daily production process to ensure delivered tonnages are processed efficiently and meet end product material standards;
- Ensure the business key performance indicators (KPIs) and operational action plans are met and/or exceeded;
- Contributing toward the CAPEX forecasts.
- Drive forward the company's zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol.
- Regularly deliver performance related statics to the management team and company directors.
- Daily management of yard supervisor.
- Ensure that production resources are well planned to maximize overall production efficiency in line with delivered volume and the overall business needs;
- Budget responsibility for the site's production expenditure, ensuring that costs are minimized by carefully controlling and utilising resources effectively;
- Management of the sites material stocks and availability to meet market quality requirements and maximize revenues;
- Oversee any agency labour ensuring that performance is delivered to contract standards;
- Monitor and measure material quality for both supplied, in-process and processed materials;
- Completion of risk assessments and work-based method statements to ensure that production health and safety is of the highest standard;
- Develop and produce standard operating procedures (SOPs) & Safe Systems of Work (SSW's) to drive operational efficiency and process improvement;
- Take responsibility (in conjunction with other departments) for maintenance of the Company's accreditation to recognized integrated management systems (ISOs);
- Ensure that multi-skilled operational staff are working to the agreed standard and when required making recommendations to the company trainer for training purposes, whilst also ensuring that staff are motivated to meet operational objectives;
- Driving continuous improvement in production related tasks;
- Working closely with both the Transport, Maintenance and Workshop teams to deliver operational targets and drive process improvement;
- Ensuring that site health, safety and environmental standards (including housekeeping) are maintained to a high standard;
- Must be flexible;
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 'A' level or above, with excellent numeracy and analytical base;
- IOSH/NEBOSH or equivariant;
- Substantial and detailed experience working in the waste and recycling sector;
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a multi-skilled workforce and direct reports;
- Strong management capabilities;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
- Dynamic and tenacious approach with a proven track record of delivery;
- Excellent stakeholder service skills;
- A strong understanding of process improvement and lean manufacturing;
- Ability to manage staff and resources with other departments based on a matrix system.
Please do get in touch with Nicole Cooling for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.