Production Engineer Manager
Supervisory responsibilities/position in structure
Managing the efficiency of the Production Floor
Main function of job :
* Accomplishes production engineering human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Applies knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials in order to effectively manage the efficiency of the production team.
* Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
* Encourage and develop supplier partnerships where possible for , ensuring that relevant supplies are purchased using budget and technical feasibility
* Improves manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
* Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
* Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
* Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Assist with the training and guidance of production floor employees, ensuring they are given necessary resources and attend training courses relevant to their position.
* Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with codes and legal regulations.
* SAP Trained
HND in Mechanical Engineering (Desirable)
Ability to present technical information Solid understanding of hardware specifications Product development Manufacturing quality focus Knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures.
Specialist training required:
CAD knowledge (Desirable)
SAP knowledge (Desirable)
Any particular aptitude/skill required:
Excellent verbal and written communication
Strong attention to detail
Personal characteristics required:
Excellent motivational and leadership skills displaying clear focus and decisiveness
Ability to evaluate the ideas of others and provide constructive feedback
Ability to present ideas effectively
Ability to work well under pressure
Problem Solving Skills
Excellent Communicator, encouraging open communicator
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm
Please contact Nicole Cooling for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.