I am currently recruiting for a food manufacturer with a difference, they are forward thinking, diverse and passionate about the product they manufacture. They are keen to introduce an experienced Production Manager to their team.
The role offers great potential for progression and development.
To assist the Operations Manager in the smooth running of the shift including evaluation of current processes to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and performance, development of solutions and improvements.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Methodical and organised. Minimum 5 years experience of working within FMCG and chilled / frozen goods environment Previous management experience Good numeracy skills Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Computer literate with a good working knowledge of spreadsheets. Familiar with Microsoft office software packages, including Word and Excel. Ability to work to strict deadlines with minimal supervision General administration skills Ability to work effectively under pressure with changing priorities Ability to pay a great attention to detail Highly organised and ability to multi task.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To take ownership and responsibility for the production facility and all its functions
- To appropriately people manage the team through the correct people management processes in regards to training, performance, absence, conduct etc.
- To ensure the health & safety of all employees working in the area and visitors in the areas
- Ensure compliance with company and legislative hygiene regulations and quality management system policies, procedures and associated documentation
- Ensure products are handled in accordance with customer specification tolerances, legislation, HACCP and food safety requirements as outlined in the Quality Management System.
- Ensure Quality Management System documentation / Process Control / Quality Control documentation is maintained and associated Quality Management System procedures are followed to provide a complete record of product manufactured.
- To maintain standards of quality, legality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- To ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team, making sure that KPIs are understood and utilised to support performance improvement plans and day to day activities. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs. Be part of the Lean Manufacturing structure initiative, support and drive business forward. · Ensuring the correct stock rotation of raw material.
- Be the SME on Navision for the area
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- Responsible / accountable for all on site / operational areas when covering additional hours / weekend working determined by business requirements.
- To deputise for Operations manager when required and informed to cover.
- Encourages the Company values and a positive culture, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management.
- Ensure corrective action plans are in place with regard to customer complaint investigations and address issues proactively. · General housekeeping of the production facility area
- Attend all meetings such as daily review meetings
- To liaise and communicate effectively with all other departments to ensure the smooth running of the production facility.
- To ensure that a thorough handover process is completed and all changes / information is communicated effectively to the relevant persons / teams.
- Ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and liaise with planning / production / sales / customers to achieve agreeable and effective On Time in Full performance.
- Maintain a high level of customer service which gives priority to exceeding the needs of customers whilst demonstrating and promoting a customer focussed approach.
- To be aware of the impact of decisions and workload on other departments.
- Make recommendations to improve transactions, processes and procedures within the area.
For more information please contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.