Product Test and Evaluation Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established market leader in the UK in the supply of electrical and mechanical tools and equipment.
The role will focus on evaluating new and existing products, compiling reports and supporting the Technical Departments and Product Buyers. This position is a high-profile role within the organisation and requires the skills and experience necessary to meet the expectations of the business and its customers. The position requires some knowledge of the product range with ideally some hands-on experience.
It is a practical role with product report writing and department administration duties, with the scope to grow the department and contribute towards improving the process of bringing new products to market. The person will be a great communicator across all levels of the business, as this is critical in driving sales and bringing new products to market. The role would be ideally suited to a qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer who is currently working in a managerial role, with previous experience of working as either a Test Manager, Development Engineer or Test Engineer.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Responsible for ensuring that products, procedures and documents meet directives, product standards and EU legislation, and to keep relevant departments informed of changes and requirements.
* Create product construction files, declarations of conformity and technical briefs for new products.
* Compiling reports / findings on all tests conducted. Updating product test logs and Technical files.
* Ensure that testing for safety, design, performance and compliance, of products, is carried out within agreed commercial timescales.
* Maintain and update product construction files with updated certifications, product change information and declarations of conformity.
* Ensure corrective actions raised on product evaluations are checked and prioritised.
* Supporting various departments with technical questions and queries regarding products.
* Maintain excellent working relationships throughout the business at all levels to ensure all quality, test needs, and requirements are met swiftly and efficiently.
Competencies / Attributes:
* Qualified to a minimum HND/HNC or City & Guilds level in mechanical / electrical engineering.
* Must have a good understanding of electromechanical tools and equipment.
* Knowledge and understanding of product standards, directives and legislation in terms of product design, functionality and safety.
* Experience of working on imported consumer products would be advantageous.
RoHS & Reach experience would be advantageous.
* Computer literate with Microsoft Office systems, with good communication and report writing skills
* Works well under pressure.
* Commercially aware.
* Working in a traditional, stable and financially strong market leading company
* Annual salary review
* Bi annual bonus based on performance
* 20 days holiday Plus 8 statutory holidays
* Company Contribution Pension scheme with Life Assurance
For more information please contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.