Procurement Administrator - Construction
The Procurement Administrator will work closely with the Hire Desk Manager and Manager to ensure that all purchases to support the business are gained at best value. Best value meaning, best on cost, least lead time and least stock held by our client.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Supplier database to maintain a level of competition whilst retaining enough volume to be important to supplier.
Build relationships in the spirit of working together
Gain "Best Value" through Credit Line, Payment terms, Supplier Holding Stock Levels, reduced Delivery Dates, Quality and guarantee of Service.
Proactively grow existing suppliers and find new suppliers
Promote and demonstrate the companies vision, values and behaviours
- Raise accurate Purchase Orders
- Proactively Follow up on Deliveries
- Confirm Deliveries- GRN
- Follow up on errors on Deliveries
- Receipt and Register Supplier Invoices
- All Procurement administration is completed in line with Company Financial Deadlines
- Follow through on Supplier invoice queries through to resolution
- Manage Procurement Processes & Systems to always be up to date and accurate
- Produce Accurate Monthly GRNI Report
- Manage Petty cash and Monthly claims
- Manage Company Credit Card Spend, Receipts and reconciliation to statement
- Monthly Reconciliation of All Rehire and Key Suppliers Outstanding Invoice Statements
Personal and Technical Attributes
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and have a high level of initiative to make improvements.
- Very organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work load.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a positive can-do attitude
- Excellent team player with exceeding organisational and people's skills and is engaging and has a down to earth approach
- Work well under pressure and has an ability to support the business managing customer expectations to avoid over promising and under delivering.
- Commercially aware to ensure that Service excellence also delivers profitability to the business.
- Enjoys the challenge of obtaining Best Value
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and cope with high a level of customer expectation
- Personable and with an ability to "Get people on side" and influence outcomes
- Honesty, Integrity and willingness to learn and grow within the business
- Proven Procurement administration within Hire or Service Industry
- IT - Word, Excel, Internet, e mail and Stock/Hire Systems
- CIPs would be advantageous but not essential
If you fit the above criteria and are keen to join our clients team then please get in touch with me. Call Will on 0115 948 3757 or email email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.