Principal Engineer - Rail Projects - York (National) - £65-75K DOE, Company Car/Allowances, 25 days Holiday + stats and Other Company Benefits
Provide specialist multi-discipline engineering services throughout the UK in the Construction and Rail sectors
You will be the lead role within the Internal Design Team, which provides design support to the business, both in terms of Temporary and Permanent Works Design.
- Design CRE on Network Rail schemes, and overall Approver of Design deliverables.
- Proven and effective leader, who manages and organises teams on requirements for assessments, inspections and surveys, and in the development of design solutions.
- Full appreciation of factors influencing the buildability of design solutions, including engagement with planners, estimators and construction staff to establish the most efficient and economic methods of construction and use of materials within the technical requirements.
- A broad knowledge of the issues surrounding sustainability.
- Review and authorisation of design / assessment spreadsheets and / or calculation templates for use within the Internal Design Department with a view to increasing overall efficiency.
- Understanding of the team's financial, quality and programme constraints.
- Promotion of safe working practices in all areas.
Top be successful in this roll you will need to have:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the Design of Civil Engineering structures.
- A Charted Civil Engineer with a Design & Build Consultancy background.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Design and Assessment of Railway Structures, ideally Bridges & Stations Structures. This should include the planning and undertaking of condition surveys for assessment.
- Full working knowledge of relevant British Standards, Eurocodes, and regulatory body standards.
- Full working knowledge of relevant structural design / assessment packages.
- Awareness of ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and 44001 standards.
- Understands the importance of achieving customer satisfaction by driving and maintaining the highest level of standards and working collaboratively.
- Full awareness and promotion of SHEA (Safety, Health, Environment & Assurance) requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the design process.
- Working knowledge of the BIM philosophy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.