Barker Ross are recruiting for a Policy Manager in the St Helens area on a 3-12 Month contract based on 37 hours per week at a rate of £21.17ph to lead an integrated, effective response to the strategic demands of local, regional and national policy developments and ensure effective responses. This includes liaison with other local authorities.
Roles & Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the successful candidate in this position will include (but not limit to);
- To provide expert analysis, guidance and advice on all areas of local government policy.
- To brief elected members and senior officers on local, sub regional and regional policy matters.
- Lead and manage successful multi partner projects and programmes from initiation to completion.
- To prepare and present clear and concise reports on complex issues, identifying options, implications and making recommendations to members, and senior officers.
- To lead the development of new policies and strategies for implementation.
- To facilitate collaborative working within the organisation to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Operate as part of the Legal and Governance Management Team to ensure that the Unit provides a cohesive and comprehensive corporate support function
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role please apply today!
Alternatively, please register with Barker Ross at https://online.barkerross.co.uk/#/register to be contacted directly regarding this position and any other roles which are released.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.