Police Investigator Officer
37 hours a week - weekedays
Located Rugby - Nuneaton - Leamington
The post holder should have demonstrable knowledge, commensurate to that of a
detective constable in the same department, i.e. PIP Level 2:
* Key offences in criminal law including all major offences against the person and
* Key aspects of criminal procedure legislation, including the PACE and CPIA
* The fundamental workings of the courts and the wider criminal justice system
* The rules of best evidence, investigative interviewing of both witnesses and
suspects, case file preparation and an awareness of forensics
* Substantial experience at an equivalent level in a serious and/or complex crime
* Have attended a Police Intelligence Operatives Course.
The post holder should have:
* A proven all-round investigative ability.
* Possess an analytical mind, a methodical approach and have attention to detail.
* The ability to effectively and efficiently handle and interview victims, witnesses and
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with people from all walks
of life and communicate with them at a level commensurate with their
* The ability to work as part of a tight-knit team
* The ability to work with other agencies and partners
* Have an aptitude towards Information Technology and have the ability to be trained
in a variety of both national and local systems and also be familiar with standard PC
* Have excellent communication skills both written and orally and to be able to deliver
Should you wish to apply, please contact Tara Goacher Barker Ross Recruitment
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.