Barker Ross is currently recruiting a Planning Manager for a well established, expanding UK food manufacturer with a diverse product portfolio. Due to a period of sustained growth & expansion, they are now in search of a high-calibre candidate to join the supply chain team based at their North London site.
The planning manager will have full responsibility for the site planning operation; scheduling to ensure customer service level is maintained above target whilst working capital and labour utilisation is optimum.
- Build close working relationships with the factory teams and also central functional teams e.g. Demand planning, Sales, Customer service, Procurement, Logistics, etc.
- Meticulous focus on delivering the site customer service level above target.
- Schedule activities on the production lines (including planned asset downtime) and work with Production shift managers to optimise labour requirements.
- Closely analyse, look forward and manage the stock levels on raw materials, packaging and finished goods. Sharply escalate any risks to service level to management.
- Lead and control weekly and monthly production planning meetings ensuring committed activities and targets are achieved.
- Maintain a valid capacity model, understanding optimal steps to increase capacity if demand requires.
- Build a suite of relevant planning KPI's that can be reported regularly and used to drive the site to its next level.
- Chair regular supplier meetings to ensure issues are addressed and enable the site to continue to deliver excellent customer service levels at lowest cost.
- Continually look for ways to improve the planning processes and optimise the operation.
- Lead action teams within the operation to deliver continuous improvements.
Essential candidate criteria
- Experience of FMCG planning/supply chain
- Understanding of ERP/MRP systems
- Lean Manufacturing understanding preferred
This is a fantastic opportunity within a high quality food manufacturing business, offering a progressive role with opportunity to work with major blue chip retailers. This is a perfect time to join the business and develop your career!
If this is of interest to you, then please apply now!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.